Living Labels & Favourite Plants
For many years we have prided ourselves on our show gardens where customers are able to see our “living labels”.
These are established and mature examples of plants for sale to demonstrate how they would appear in flower in later years. All around the site we have examples of such plants but we have also set up 4 new themed areas for “living labels” to one side of the plant area. The 4 gardens are as follows:
Wildlife Garden – This is a tadpole shaped bog garden with examples of plants suitable to attract wildlife into the garden.
Plants with aromatic leaves or fragrant flowers
Plants for a seaside garden – Click here to see our recommendations
Consistent good performers – These are plants that our plant area staff recommend as consistently good garden performers and include the following:
- Enkianthus campanulatus – Clusters of peach-pink bell-like flowers and good Autumn leaf colour.
- Potentilla ‘Lovely Pink’ – Masses of pretty pink flowers in Summer.
- Prunus cerasifera ‘Nigra’ – A good screening plant with deep plum coloured leaves. Dainty pink to white blossom in Spring.
- Phygelius Somerford Funfair ‘Wine’ – Rich deep pink flowers, like small hunting horns, are produced through the Summer.
- Delphinium ‘Black Knight’ – Tall perennial with deep purple flowers, each with a black centre.
- Hypericum ‘Hidcote’ – Large yellow flowers, mid to late Summer.
- Cornus sibirica ‘Variegata’ – Green and cream leaves, turning pink and red in Autumn. A show of bright red stems in Winter.