It has been a “buzzy” week. On Tuesday I started building my hive and last night I completed my ten week “Introduction to Beekeeping” course. I have found it quite time consuming to build the hive but also therapeutic. I have 40 wax frames to build and it is quite satisfying and restful to disengage the brain and do something practical and useful with the hands. However, I cannot dither much longer as I think I may be getting my first colony of bees next week. I thus need to finish the hive and site it within the next few days. Unfortunately, my choice of a “Langstroth” hive may not have been a wise one. The frames are longer than the “National” hive frames and my colony of bees will be delivered on the shorter frames. I had not realised that there was such an incompatibility and it may cause me further problems down the line. That’s the price one pays for being different.